EuroPsy and the Bologna process
- The reform of European higher education, known as the Bologna process, has produced a structure of Bachelor and Master Degrees that is compatible with EuroPsy.
- The most common structure, i.e. that of 3+2 years for Bachelors and Masters, fits well into EuroPsy.
- Yet, EuroPsy also involves requirements on professional training that fall beyond the scope of the Bologna process.
- EuroPsy uses the European Transfer Credit System (ECTS) to quantify the magnitude of educational units.
- EuroPsy provides the basis for the ‘Tuning Reference Points’ used in the design and delivery of degree programmes in psychology in Europe (see: Bologna & Tuning).